Joe D. Skeith
- Bachelor of Science Construction Management.
- 27 years of increasing experience as a Professional Construction Project Manager.
- 17 years combined experience in business development, Budget and Finance, and organizational management of General Contracting or construction related businesses.
- Experience managing fast track, multifaceted projects with a high level of complexity.
- Accustomed to executive level reporting and conducting formal presentations.
- Experienced in project recovery techniques.
Construction Manager/Owner - Construction Management Professionals, Va
- Provide Corporate and Private owners with complete program development and management through all phases project development.
- Experienced in Feasibility Study, Budget/Cost Management, Financial Systems, Contract Development, Design Development, Project Team Staffing, Construction Project Management, and Launch to Market.
- Crisis resolution, Claims Control and Mitigation.
Senior Construction Manager/Program Manager
Williams Notaro and Associates, Va
- Develop new Construction Management Department.
- Develop customized Construction Management systems and process controls.
- Develop existing client base to generate $15,000 per month in Construction Management Fee.
- Develop marketing materials and marketing strategy to develop new department business model.
- New department earnings met annual overhead and salary expense in the third quarter 2003.
Program Manager (General Contractor)
Project Developers Inc., Sterling, Va
- Responsible for $5.9 M design/build building program in Okinawa, Japan.
- Developed proposal and facilitated negotiation of $3.2 M in additional work.
- Puchase Order Database to support ordering of materials.
- Inventory Control Systems to track receipt, packaging and shipping operations.
- Job cost tracking tools to work within existing company financial framework.
- Facilitated development and acceptance of program baseline schedule.
Director of Construction Services (General Contractor):
Mercury Construction, Raleigh, NC
- Responsible for planning, staffing and executing a Multi-Regional business plan.
- Develop goals and performance measures for Regional Management.
- Establish marketing strategies for optimal revenue growth and ROI.
- Provided cashflow strategies to support operations.
- Develop administrative and financial business systems to support Corporate development.
Sr. Project Manager (Telecommunications):
SpectraSite Communications, Raleigh, NC
Organizational development, develop organizational staffing plan to meet quarterly and functional goals. Develop Construction Managers and support staff to execute and successfully complete project assignments on schedule and within budget. Evaluate on a site-by-site basis structural, design and construction issues, costs and timeline issues for all potential tower extensions, modifications and/or replacements. Design Phase: Manage Project Team through design to insure Carriers, A/E firms and General Contractors comply with SpectraSite Inc. specifications and meet design criteria.
- Construction Phase: Manage Construction Staff to ensure consistency of site improvements throughout SpectraSite’s Tower Network. Evaluate/Review management control, budget and project reporting systems.
- Managed the construction of $3,000,000 in telecom projects; up to 26 employees.
Construction Project Manager Commercial (Municipal, Public Utility):
HNTB Engineers, US
- Establish construction management systems to track project costs and streamline field operations.
- Conduct meetings between contractors and government agencies to resolve various issues.
- Responsible for estimating and project budget, prepared project status reports, worked closely with financial/audit personnel to ensure A/R were current.
- Toll Plaza , Multi-level Office Building, and Shuttle Bus Garage construction ($1.4 Million), for the Tulsa International Airport.
- Law Enforcement Center for the City of Bedford, Texas ($11 Million).
Construction Project Manager Transportation:
DOT,Turnpike Authority, Okla
- Establish budgets and financial tracking systems for the Engineering and Construction of $ 457 million dollars of urban and rural tollway system.
- Oversee and monitor land acquisition and the relocation of public and private utilities.
- Conduct pre-bid meetings, pre-construction conferences, bid letting, and final inspections.
Bridges over the BNSF Railroad at 41st Street and Southwest Boulevard ($1.2 Million).
Grading, Drainage, Bridges, Paving and Facilities on ($457 Million) Oklahoma Turnpike expansion. Responsible coordination, schedule and budget management on new construction and Project Manager in responsible charge of construction for existing six turnpikes on system.
Grading, Drainage, Bridges,Paving and Facilities on President George Bush Turnpike ($500 Million) for the North Texas Toll Authority (NTTA) in Dallas, Texas. My involvement was to establish Construction Management systems for scheduling, administration, and budget. Working for HNTB as the General Engineering Consultant to the NTTA.
Grading, Drainage, Bridges, and Paving Design Phase on the Broken Arrow South Loop in Tulsa, Oklahoma ($140 Million).
Estimator & Scheduler (Highway, Bridge, Commercial, Telecom):
- Developed management systems for estimating and budget control.
- Develop field management and restructure existing field operations.
- Train field personnel on job cost controls and project administration.
- Established and developed corporate-wide estimating systems and procedures.
- Train personnel on Excel Spreadsheet use and Suretrak Project Manager scheduling software.
Business Owner (Highway, Bridge):
Central Plains Construction Co., Okla
- Develop Business plan and establish marketing strategy.
- Establish goals and timelines for market and business development.
- Arrange business financing and establish methods of Accounting.
- Develop crews and resources to build awarded projects.
- Manage finances and perform business analysis to optimize profitability.